The styrene production process by direct dehydrogenation of ethyl-benzene can be split into four main sections:
The objective was to create a dynamic model of the entire styrene production plant based on the direct dehydrogenation of ethyl-benzene process. This model should be connected to a 3D Explain Media interface and become a showcase tool for academic purposes: the students would be able to interact with the dynamic model of a chemical plant in a 3D environment.
Mobatec and Explain Media have created the 3D chemical plant dynamic model that allows the user to operate and interact with the chemical plant (opening and valves, switching on and off pumps, access to monitoring displays, etc.) in an 3D environment.
Advantages of using Mobatec Modeller:
1. Mobatec Modeller enables you to build the physical topology very quickly and easily with it’s user friendly interfaces.
2. Automated generation of Mass and Energy balance eliminates the possibility of errors in balance equations.
3. Base equation objects enables changing equations in multiple places just by click of a button.
4. Impress your managers with fully customizable icons and value displays and enable them to see the power of modelling through engineers eyes with high fidelity real time simulations.
5. Mobatec Modeller makes the code so no programming skills are needed from the user.
6. Mobatec Modeller is compatible with other software, easy export function to any other modelling environment.
7. Built in Thermodynamics calculations.
8. Coupling with any DCS software.